- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- For rolling:
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat room temperature butter on medium speed for about 30 seconds, just until smooth.
- Add sugar, pumpkin, vanilla extract, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Pause to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add egg and let combine.
- Then add flour and let mixture combine until all flour is incorporated, again scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate approximately two hours, until dough is a scoopable consistency.
- After two hours, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine remaining sugar and pumpkin pie spice on a spare piece of parchment paper or in a flat pie pan.
- Line baking sheets with non stick silicone liner, or parchment paper.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop dough.
- Lightly roll dough into ball and coat with pumpkin pie spice sugar mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Found this recipe: www.number-2-pencil.com/2016/08/31/pumpkin-snickerdoodle-cookies/